Re: [Harp-L] A New Kind of Harp Rack Needed

Vern wrote:
That design would also move easily between the "up" and "down" positions when free of the detent. The "down" position would have to be carefully determined to avoid having the harp touch the guitar. (How did Koerner avoid that?)

I believe it was adjusted to go down just so far in the down position. 42 years after the evening I saw the rack, the best I can recall is that he never hit the top of his guitar even once, because that would have registered with me.

It would not be difficult to implement. I enjoy tinkering in my shop on harp-related mechanisms. Is there a market at $250 ?

I wish. In fact, I hope.

Your cam-and-follower idea is of course fantastic. After I sent off my post I realized that the best way to characterize my lack of mechanical skills would be to say "I am the anti-Vern."

Many people like me anyway.