Re: [Harp-L] Hearing protection

Your audioligist should be able to make some ear molds with changable attenuators in them -9 -15 and -25db. I've been using them for 13 years. They take a minut to get use to (bone conduction) but I set my amp with out the plugs then put them in. There worth the xtra cash.............................................Dane Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter S..." <p.stris@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 10:57 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Hearing protection

What do folks here use for hearing protection on stage? I'm having trouble
balancing hearing the band, myself amplified, and myself through my bones.
I wear hearing aids, those are out. I have pair of Hearos High Fidelity ear
plugs that are supposed to offer flat attenuation, but it seems they dampen
more on the high end leaving overemphasis on the bass. Plus, the occlusion
that occurs makes hearing my own playing more through my bones than through
the amp. Anyway.. Are there better solutions?

Thanks..Pete in Alaska