Re: [Harp-L] Bending draw 5

Playing in 2nd position, flattening draw 5 a little at the right time sounds good to me. The one I hate is blow 7; same scenario ie semitone between the 2 opposing reeds, but any bend there sounds awful to my ears.

>>> Gary Lehmann <gnarlyheman@xxxxxxxxx> 14/09/2010 15:26 >>>
OK, bear with me . . .
The tuning we all love, that most diatonics are tuned to, has a half step
difference between the blow and draw on hole 5.
So you can't bend the note down too much . . .
How much do y'all incorporate any shading that lowering draw 5 produces?
And am I right that real damage can be produced by trying to bend it beyond
the physical limits?
Just curious . . .

Gary