re: [Harp-L] Gimme shelter

Martin wrote:
'Or, if you´re just going to imitate Jagger´s solo (if so you don´t get many
points in my book -- unless you´re an absolute beginner) use an F or G."

This reminds me of the song by Charlie Musselwhite on Stone Blues: "Clay's
Tune". Charlie plays on reed for almost the whole song. There is a
turnaround and a solo but for most of the song it is one reed. Even pros can
do great thing with a note or two. The Rolling Stones have made some great
music according to the people. In the end who do you want to please the
people listening (and paying) or the musicians criticizing?

Derwood