[Harp-L] peavy artist 240

Had a 78. Fairly heavy 12" Black Widow equipped hybrid combo. SS preamp and rectifier. 4 x 6L6 power tubes. Huge output transformer. 120 watts. Old school black Peavey with the chrome strips down the sides of the front grille. SS volume contol with a tube master. Very clean and amazingly loud. Using the "AUTOMIX" input provided a nice, round tone but getting to bark was impossible without hurting something. It was a feedback beast with any dialed in SS distortion. I believe the speaker is rated at 150 watts with a massive ceramic magnet. If you are looking to play clean this is your rig. Headroom for days. Can easily compete with a loud guitar rig if kept clean. Get some wheels.

If I still had it, I would use a tube preamp and/or the LW Harp Attack pedal and a good delay after the mic. In terms of harp, at 120 watts, its basically a self-contained tube PA with a beefy guitar speaker. Usable but woundn't be in my top tier. Traded mine for Fender BJ 10 years ago. Still have it. Did I mention it was heavy as hell?

Amazing, high powered guitar amp built in Mississippi to compete with the Fenders of the period. I have heard guitar players make these things sound like a Marshall Stack with the pretty close to the same volume.