[Harp-L] Re: Subject: Buddy Guy Legends Monday jam/SmoJoe playing at GSHC

On Sep 16, 2010, at 11:36 AM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

Come on. We ALL know you can play. You just don't play nearly often enough for those of us who'd like to hear you. Jason Ricci officially retired his own version of Summertime after having you play it on stage with him in Florida at a gig. He later wrote that yours was 'sublime' (among other compliments).

I wouldn't usually say this but I recently heard a version by a rather well known artist. As charitable as I can be would be to say that I thought it was horrid. So, now I feel better.

Those attending the Garden State Festival in November this year will finally get to hear you in an actual performance instead of your usual jazz noodling. Quite a few of us are looking forward to having new videos of Signore Le One and only. <G>

I will be hosting a demonstration (I hesitate to call it a seminar because that generally conjurs up visions of an expert in actual teaching mode) lol
I will be covering the 1959 smo-joe tuning/aka 1991 Double country tuning. Since there is no backup scheduled for me and I am used to playing with living entities, I spent last evening in the studio trying to come up with something for the evening show. We shall see how far THAT dog hunts.

smokey joe & the Cafe s

Elizabeth