Re: [Harp-L] Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 1x12

"Peter S..." wrote:
<Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 1x12
<
<Anyone have experience with this combo amp?  I have opportunity to grab a
<used one at a very good price.  Everything I can find about it is about
<guitars.  But it is a tube amp with quite a lot of flexibility in controls
<and in/outputs.  It is 100W but can be switched down to 50W if needed.  I've
<got a great (Heumann tweaked) Kalamazoo for practice and small gigs and
<would like to grab something bigger for those occasions.

John Popper uses a Mesa Boogie. though not this model.  In general, Mesa Boogies are pretty high-gain, which means you're likely to get a lot of feedback unless you do some mods to the amp.

Regards, Richard hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick