[Harp-L] Meteor Amp

A local harp player I know plays through a Meteor amp using a bullet mic. Very nice guy. I've sat in with his band before, and played through this amp using his bullet mic. Well, I went out to listen to his band last night. Knowing that bullet mics are not my preference, he very graciously offered to plug my 545 Ultimate into the Meteor between sets when he invited me to sit in. He also showed me what the control knobs do and said I could feel free to re-adjust them.

There is a dramatic difference using a 545 and using a bullet with this amp. The amp is much more articulate using the 545. There's a limit to how much a player can adjust the settings of an amp on the fly during a performance as the band is playing, but it was clear that it's possible to dial in a wider range of tones playing through a 545 than just the very dirty sound one gets using a bullet. Now, this amp is not made to do clean, but the range of overdriven tones has much more variety using the 545 than I would ever have suspected from using a bullet. Very nice amp. The sound of this amp is not my sound, so I'm not tempted to get one, but it has a very nice sound nevertheless. I was impressed.

I posted about playing through this amp using a bullet mic a few months ago. I wondered what the amp would sound like using a 545. Now I know. Very cool sound.

FWIW

JP