[Harp-L] apology

   Before too much time elapses, I wanted to apologize to SPAH and our list
for an inaccuracy in my rant last Sunday about fresh faces at SPAH.  I
listed Phil Wiggins as never having appeared at a SPAH convention.  As fjm
pointed out, Phil was at the last bash in St. Louis.  Even more
embarrassing, I was there and somehow missed him.  I can only theorize that
I was either passed out in my room from all the 2:00am jamming or feverishly
practicing so I wouldn't be embarrassed in the evening blues jam circle.
   But I'm not moving off of my position that there is an untapped abundance
of fine and even great players who never seem to get booked for the SPAH
conventions.   And when players get hired 3 or more times to work our
conventions; we lose an opportunity to choose someone fresh from this pool.

Mick Zaklan