Re: [Harp-L] Little tiny screws

Try these guys. A box of 100 0-80 x 3/8 flat head's are less than $5. http://www.microfasteners.com/

Scooter

Todd wrote: Trying really hard to locate ANY vender that I can order screws for my SP 20 reed plates and cover screws / nuts. And finding it impossible without knowing the call size.

Todd, below are excerpts from 3 separate posts from the past (2 posts are from harp techs who no longer participate on Harp-L). It may not be exactly what you are looking for but i hope it helps.
ron (see below)

Start of the 3 posts:
For the reed plates on Marine Bands a 1/72 x 3/8" machine screw with either a slotted head or phillips head will do. You'll need to tap the
draw plates with a 1/72 tap. For the cover plates I use a 2/56 x 7/16" stainless steel machine screw with a slotted head and the corresponding nut.
You can get them at McMaster - Carr online. Also Micro- Mark carries small screws.

Small Parts (http://www.smallparts.com/). ; Prices for quantities are very good, and they have a huge number of variations -- almost too
many. For example, the stainless steel binding head screws in size #0-80 can be had in quantity 25 for less than $.10/each. You'll pay
more for the shipping.

I'd suggest requesting (or downloading) their catalog and looking for them that way. I buy quite a few stainless steel screws from
them at great prices. They're a good place to call on the phone and talk to them about what you want, rather than searching for it
online and ordering it blind. Good old fashion "bricks and mortar" business, with real people on the other end of the phone.

While you're looking through the catalog check out their other stuff, including drills and taps, miniature tools, and cool stuff
like brass rod (I buy 1/8" and make my own pick tools), shim stock (a sheet of 0.002" thinck, 6x18" is <$5), brass blocks, miniature
tubing for chrom slide bumpers, and lots of other stuff. Too much fun for a guy like me.

F&R Farrell usually recommended 0-90 phillips flat head screws, and hex nuts.For over three years I have been using 0-80 1/8" phillips flat head 18-8SS screws with 0-80 small brass hex nuts (rather than wide hex nuts). The larger screw size allows for rescuing really bad reed replacement attempts, or over zealous reed heel rivet hole enlargement.
I use McMaster & Carr http://www.mcmaster.com If you don't already have one, you'll also need a 1/8" 82deg countersink,
and a pin vice to hold it, or a rotary tool that can handle the 1/8" shank, eg Dremel.

End of the 3 posts.