Re: [Harp-L] Little Walter rocks the Federal Reserve

What IS I T ? Tony Eyers is in that field, and now I see Richard is in it also.
smo-joe

On Sep 23, 2010, at 12:33 AM, rob paparozzi wrote:

Terrific story Richard and Little Walter would have loved to all those 'Dead President's.

*** Spoken w/ Vlingo - http://www.vlingo.com

------Original Message------
From: Richard Hunter
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
ReplyTo: Richard Hunter
Subject: [Harp-L] Little Walter rocks the Federal Reserve
Sent: Dec 31, 1969 7:00 PM

Most of the people on this list know that I have a career as a consultant and author in IT. In that capacity, I was invited to the Federal Reserve in NYC this week to talk to an audience of about 500 people on the topic of my latest book.

So I arrive at the Fed, have lunch with the clients, tour the vault (which is filled with about $150 Billion in gold bars--I admit to being impressed), and then go to their auditorium to do my presentation. When I arrive, what do I hear on the loudspeaker but Little Walter's "Juke."

It turned out that my host, who I had known for some time, had taken to heart my advice to check out Walter. He now has a small but solid collection of Little Walter records, and he correctly presumed that I would like to make my entrance to Walter's music.

So there you have it. Little Walter has rocked the Fed. And about time, too.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick