[Harp-L] a harmonica player walks into a bar...

and the girl at the door says, "$12", and I say "$12?  Who is playing?"

"I don't know, Joe Filisko, he's supposed to be the best in the world".

I paid the $12 and found a seat at the bar.  I know a lot of you are blues players and I know some of you, like --- - ---, say you wouldn't cross the street to hear blues harmonica, and I agree, to a certain extent, that blues harmonica can be easily boring and even obnoxious.

But this guy had it all going, and even --- - --- would cross the street and back again to hear this guy.  He played clean, he played dirty, he played into a jar, he played with the harp halfway down his throat, great tone, not too loud, everything just right.

I don't know about 'best in the world' but I'd like to know who makes his combs ;)