[Harp-L] Slow down music, adjust pitch to stay in tune??

Hi all,

I have a Tascam MP-GT1 guitar trainer (or any recorded music..).  It will slow down/speed up a track, and also can adjust the pitch if you need it to be in tune with our particular instrument..  You can easily pick sections of a tune and do repeat loops, to work out parts, solos, etc.. It's pretty easy to use, not too pricey, works with mp3's, has a built in rechargeable battery ( I use the wall wart most of the time..)
There is some degradation of the audio the more you slow down, and can go all the way down to 50% of true speed, but I seldom have to go that slow.. (the audio quality is really bad at 50%, but still useable..)

This way, I don't need to be near a computer to work out my material.. ( sitting in my man room in my comfy chair, a guitar in one hand and a cold beer in the other..)  They make one for vocals too (it has a feature that can filter out guitar parts/ vocal parts, but I never use that anyway..)

I like mine, I use it to learn all those parts of songs I could never figure out before, and it's easy to use.  Just need a USB cable and headphone or powered speakers....  Drag and drop files like a jump drive..  Works with my Mac too..

I don't play harp, but play guitar and sing with a killer harp player (Jim Konish), so I try to keep up with the harp world via Harp-L..

http://www.myspace.com/theboulderbluesmafia

Thanks,

Marc..
Marc Landry
National Renewable Energy Labs
1617 Cole Blvd.
Golden, CO 80401

303-384-6453
Fx-303-384-6430
Cell-303-547-2445

"The disgusting stink of a too-loud electric guitar.... now, that's my idea of a good time!"-- Frank Zappa