Re: [Harp-L] "Authentic" pronunciation?

On Sep 26, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Ken Deifik wrote:

What absolutely kills a record for me is to hear a white American band playing well in the first few bars, followed by a white singer who tries to use English like a Black Mississippi man from 1930.
I run away screaming, often leaving a Deifik-shaped hole in the drywall.

Gee Ken, I guess you wouldn't like what I used to do with the old party band. Imitations. Buster Brown, Tommy Tucker, Ernie K. Doe, Brook Benton.
I think Jason is the only one who has heard me. Oh, and Todd.

lolol