[Harp-L] Tonight in Montclair, NJ:Harvest Harmonica Jazz and Blues Fest at Trumpets Jazz

I so wish I could make the show tonight...it's proven impossible, and  I'd
already have had to have left home to be there on time...it's a heckuva
long drive from my home on Long Island.

I'm a huge fan of Will Galison and bemoaned the fact I wasn't going to get
to see him perform....I don't care whether he's playing harmonica, singing
and/or playing his guitar - anything he does is fine with me - Will's  a
wonderful all-round entertainer, as he demonstrated at last year's
GSHFestival and previous SPahs...  as is Rob. Those who attend sure get  their money's
worth.

However - missing Hendrik (who's a monster jazz harmonica player) is
equally as upsetting. Imagine my surprise in finding myself seated beside him at
the Banquet for 2009 ....across the table from Enrico, with Val and Phil
joining us whenever they could manage (in between 'running the festival'
chores)  :)  Now that's the makings of a great evening....it was harmonica  jazz
heaven...New York style!

I'll be there in spirit tonight...hope you all have a fabulous time.
Enrico's club is a special place to be with incredible backing  musicians.  Just
getting to hear Phil play in this kind of setting is  amazing fun. Although
by now I should be used to how brilliant he is as a  player - he somehow
manages to surprise me anew. Enrico Granafei is someone who  needs more
exposure to the rest of the harmonica world....especially his  singing/guitar
playing/harmonica 'brazilian' style music...it's gorgeous. I  could listen to him
for hours. And he's such a nice man!  I just wish I  lived a bit closer to
the club or had alternate means of getting there.

Best,

Elizabeth

Message: 15