If you can't find one 'in the flesh' then you may try an on-line tutor. The main point is that they can respond to your immediate and individual needs in a way that no written work can do, no matter how good it may be.

Should you wish I can recommend some ideas for you to explore, off list.
yours David

On 06/04/2011 23:35, tgaran4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: tgaran4@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: "The Iceman"<icemanle@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 6:27:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Beginners instruction materials?

Thanks for the info.

Also, If anyone has any materials to help a new beginner that they'd like to sell, please let me know. Especially a set of the Jerry Portnoy Masterclass cd's.
Thanks again
Tag

New guy here. Can anyone tell me what is the best instructional material out there for a beginner? I've looked at the Jerry Portnoy Blues Harmonica Masterclass but is it geared to a beginner or an intermediate player? Is there some thing better out there?

Thanks
Tag

-- D Priestley AKA Dr Midnight. England's first harmonica Guru.

Do feel free get in touch.
Harmonica lessons POA,(10 = 20% discount,&  20 = 25% discount).

I teach from: 51 Barkston Gdns, the basement flat&  On-Line,
Email me or call me to book lessons or get more info.

E-mail= dmharpman@xxxxxxxxx
Website= http://www.cognitionarts.com/
Phone=(44) 0207 373 0295