[Harp-L] Acoustic megaphones

Hello All

I have become fascinated with Deford Bailey's harp solo pieces again lately. I wonder if anyone out there has experimented with similar megaphone devices such as he used in live acoustic performances? I have seen some manufactured by Seydel, and am intrigued by how much they actually amplify sound..? Or should they be appreciated more for novelty value these days.? I will experiment with constructing my own to perhaps use while busking, but wonder if anyone has already had some experience with these contraptions?