Re: [Harp-L] Hering 1923 Vintage Harps

I have a couple of them. I don't play them much but do like them.

I seem to remember that they are tuned differently than Special 20s & Marine
Bands. I believe the tuning used on the 1923 Vintage harps is called "Just"
tuning and that it is how harps were tuned in the olden days. That said, I
am the last guy on this list who should be talking about tuning so anyone
out there who has the dope on this please chime in.

I will tell you that the nuts on the screws holding down the coverplates on
mine kept coming loose. I solved the problem by buying a cheap little bottle
of TEMPORARY Loctite glue. A tiny little drop keeps the nuts in place. It's
also really good for keeping those little screws holding the grills on
bullet mics in place as well. Make sure to get the TEMPORARY version so you
can take the covers/screws off later.