[Harp-L] Re: Combs for Chromatics

I've been making replacement 270 combs for a while now. They are supplied with
all the necessary screws, all combs have threaded brass inserts for the screws.

 Chris Reynolds

Owner - BlowYourBrassOff.com - Maker of fine custom harmonicas
http://www.blowyourbrassoff.com

Hi Mathew,
Subject to price and a realistic way of delivering them across the Atlantic,
I would be interested in plastic combs for the Hohner 270.
I think these would be a more saleable item if you could supply them with a
set of screws and instructions to replace the pesky nails.
The late lamented FR Farrell used to sell custom 270s of his own making with
plastic combs. I regret that I did not invest in one or two before he died.
Michael Timler of www.harponline. de sells kits and comprehensive
instructions for "screwifying" nailed 270s. They are very reasonably priced
and he may also actually do the job at what I also consider a very fair
price. One of these days when I get my act together I shall be placing an
order or two. If I had the nails on a standard 270 replaced by screws, I
might be prepared to put up with the wooden comb.
Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana