Re: [Harp-L] Round corners - ergonomic design

 Gently if still attached ;-)
David

On 09/04/2011 08:23, Matt Rackerby wrote:
Uhmm . . . does anyone know how to remove armpit hairs from a Silver 1847?
Regards,

Matt Rackerby

-----Original Message----- From: David Priestley ( for harp-L) Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 4:24 PM To: harp-l harp-l Subject: [Harp-L] Round corners - ergonomic design
A good test for the ergonomic aspects of the overall shape of a harp is to use it as you would use a bar of soap when making suds for washing. This way will show up any sharp edges or corners. I call it the soap bar test ;-)
It only refers to how smooth the overall shape is. So a Hohner Golden Melody or Tombo Ultimo or Huang Star Performer or Suzuki Bluesmaster would all 'score' well in this test, how ever it says nothing about how well an instrument plays, long it lasts or any of that other stuff.
A.T.B. - David

-- D Priestley AKA Dr Midnight. England's first harmonica Guru.

I hope this info helps, do feel free get in touch.
Harmonica lessons are currently £25.00 per hour, discounts for bulk booking are available (bulk = 10 for a 20% discount, making study £20.00 a session&  20 lessons for a 25% discount = £18.75  a session).

  I Teach from 10 till 20:00 all the days of the week. I teach from:
51 Barkston Gdns, the basement flat&  On-Line, closest Tube Earls Court.
Email me or call me  on 0207 373 0295 to book lessons or get more info.

E-mail-dmharpman@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.cognitionarts.com/
Phone: 0207 373 0295