Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 19:07:17 -0500
From: David Brown  <nonidesign@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Hering 1923 Vintage  Harps
To: tgaran4@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I have a couple of them. I don't play them  much but do like them.

I seem to remember that they are tuned differently  than Special 20s &
Marine
Bands. I believe the tuning used on the 1923  Vintage harps is called "Just"
tuning and that it is how harps were tuned in  the olden days. That said, I
am the last guy on this list who should be  talking about tuning so anyone
out there who has the dope on this please  chime in.

I will tell you that the nuts on the screws holding down the  coverplates on
mine kept coming loose. I solved the problem by buying a cheap  little
bottle
of TEMPORARY Loctite glue. A tiny little drop keeps the nuts in  place. It's
also really good for keeping those little screws holding the  grills on
bullet mics in place as well. Make sure to get the TEMPORARY  version so you
can take the covers/screws off  later.