[Harp-L] Filisko "spring training team selections"

Our friend Joe Filisko is starting to put his "masters team" together for
this years "Teach In" at SPAH 2011.  I have heard it said many times by many
folks that cost of the entire SPAH experience is worth it just for these
sessions.  Mr. Joe has much more talent than just the incredible
sounds/licks and the "unobtainable to mortals" custom harps he crafts. He is
a maser of educational orchestration.  He has a knack for assembling the
best talent and bringing the best out of 'em.  This is the early list. As
always subject to changes.  History shows us that the list never shrinks.
It should swell along with the summer heat as we approach the S(pah)uperbowl
Harmonica Extravaganza being held in VA Beach starting August 9th.

Buzz Krantz,  Jellyroll Johnson,  David Barrett, Steve Baker, Will Scarlett,
Cara Cooke,  Lonnie Joe Howell, Michael Rubin, Jimmy Gordon, Johnny Bishop,
Zoe Savage, Dennis Oellig, Brandon Bailey.

Dennis Gruenling, Steve Guyger, Madcat Ruth & Buddy Greene will be in town
as headliners for some of the great shows on tap.  Chances are that they
will be in the room at times cuz they all could use some new licks and
tricks like the rest of us :-)

The resident "Guitar Slingers" Joe has procured for us for the week will
be:  Eric Noden, Jimi Lee and Danny Ruppa.  Volunteers for neck, back, arm,
wrist & finger massages will be needed to keep these guys cool, calm and
collected.  Being the guitar slaves at a hotel full of 500 harp players for
a week is a dirty job.  Thank goodness Filisko has a knack for distorting
the facts about what an awesome gig this will be for them :-)

One last note: The road to Virginia Beach runs through Akron, OH!  The
Buckeye Harmonica Festival is only a few weeks away. Get jiggy with it
harpsters. Life's too short for coulda woulda shouldas.  These long standing
traditions need your support!

WB
--
Warren "Bee" Bachman