Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Fwd: Harrison Radical-B Harp

Should've asked if anybody played it. ;)

Might've needed a wipe down since some folks don't comprehend  that you
can't just play another person's personal harmonica.

I thought it was funny and cool to have Edward refer to it as a
'Radical-B'. It certainly is! - although the correct name is  B-Radical. I imagine
Brad would get a huge kick out of it being referred to that  way.

I must appear harmless because mine was in its pouch in my pocketbook
(carried on the plane), along with two cx-12's in the quilted eyeglass  cases I
use for them. I do notify the Agents ahead of time about my  separate
harp-case by calling out 'case of harmonicas coming through'  (always with a
smile) and have never had a problem. Forewarning is the key,  methinks.

I've now been notified my 2nd B-Rad is being engraved and will be in my
hands anon, so am a very happy (and patient) camper. Thanks for all the hard
work, Brad, David et al. The B-Rad is truly THE most beautiful piece of art
in a  diatonic harmonica I've ever seen...and it plays equally as well.

Elizabeth

"Message: 12
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:24:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: David  Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

I just sent that neat little tidbit to Brad.  That was his idea all  along
make something that didn't look like a normal harmonica. I know  he'll love
the
fact that the TSA thinks he did.

When I flew from  Chicago to W.Va. last summer, I had a B-radical C, but it
was
in my pocket,  so it went through in the tray with my wallet, pocket watch
and
stuff. It  was in a cloth pouch. I remember it was a while before they got
that
tray  back to me, I was about finished putting my boots on when they did.
Maybe
they did take it out and give it a close look.

David"
www.elkriverharmonicas.com