Re: [Harp-L] airport security

On Apr 12, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Aongus Mac Cana wrote:

> Elisabeth's recent contribution caused me to wonder if airport security are
> becoming used to harmonicas.

Yes, sometimes. And (thanks to me) customs at the ports of Miami and Lauderdale are too.  lolol

> On a trip to Spain the other week the guy on the X ray machine in Dublin
> just grinned at me and said "Harmonicas?" as he scanned my hand baggage.

Well now, you're talking Ireland. Epping and Kinsella have probably been through THERE dozens of times.  lolol

> On the way back from Malaga I expected trouble because the lady in charge of
> the machine gave the guy before me a hard time over his shaving foam. She
> then consigned his wife's medicine to the bin, because the bottle was too
> big. To my pleasant surprise she did not give my harmonicas a second glance.

She thought they were PEZ dispensers.  lolol

> Maybe things are looking up.

OR, if south of the equator..looking down.  lolol