From: Mojo Red <harplicks@xxxxxxxxx>
To: David M Scudamore <aroundtoithandyman@xxxxxxxxx>; harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Apr 14, 2011 8:15 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] RE; eBay B- Rad Sale?

Dave, that's very interesting. I was unaware of the practice of shill bidding.

Thank you.

I did a little research on eBay's policies and found this write-up on About.com:

"eBay uses very sophisticated tools to catch shill bidders, so sophisticated

that many first-time shills are surprised. Shill bidding renders you subject to

suspension or other punishments, so be smart and don't bid on your own, or on

your mother's or sister's or aunt's auctions, no matter how much you'd like to."

Shill-bidders beware!

Harpin' in Colorado,

--Ken M.

________________________________

From: David M Scudamore <aroundtoithandyman@xxxxxxxxx>

To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wed, April 13, 2011 11:30:37 PM

Subject: [Harp-L] RE; eBay B- Rad Sale?

Did anyone notice that the $500 buyer had 1 feedback? I often think that the

Zero and One's that seem to bid things up are shills. I often see harp mics show

up as sold and then the same seller lists the same mic the next week. Shill

bidding is a fact on eBay. Otherwise chalk one up for a naive buyer with 1

feedback getting scared that his $115 bid will not win so he jumps for the buy

it now thinking the seller set a fair price.

With no more knowledge than a "closed" eBay, I'm skeptical.

Dave

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 08:26:49 -0700 (PDT)

From: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [Harp-L] $500 B-radical on ebay

A B-rad closed recently on Ebay for $391, so I looked around. There was another

that closed on Ebay for $500. Mine, by the way, are NOT available for even for

$500, lol (seriously, they are not).

http://cgi.ebay.com/B-Radical-C-harmonica-NEW-/180645592555?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0f50fdeb

What's crazy is, it went for $500 without even a picture of the actual

harmonica. They took a pic of a 9.0 version Bb off the HH website. The harmonica

being sold was a C.

David

www.elkriverharmonicas.com