Re: [Harp-L] Four New Harmonicas for Indian Music

I really think you are onto something most interesting with this.
I gave up on trying to join in with Ravi Shankar on the music he'd show me as a kid as my harps just didn't fit, though I could feel/see how it should go. Mum was a big one for throwing mixed arts evenings, in the music bits I was mostly a page turner. - David
BRENDAN'S BHAIRAV XB-40
http://www.brendan-power.com/Music%20Clips/Brendan's%20Bhairav%20XB-40.mp3

Finally I've made a new type of chromatic that has two different ways of
playing the Bhairav scale, using draw bends alone. There is one way with the
slide-out and another with slide-in. It gives the same full bending
expression as the XB-40 but you have to use the slider to get the different
optional bends, depending on which choice you want to make. It also has
plenty of potential for Indian music, but requires lots of serious study to
learn how to apply it with the correct stylistic embellishments. See you in
a few years!

BRENDAN'S BHAIRAV CHROMATIC No. 2
http://www.brendan-power.com/Music%20Clips/Brendan's%20Bhairav%20Chromatic%2
02.mp3

I hope you enjoy listening to the clips and welcome any comments.

(If anyone wants me to make them one of these instruments, get in touch:
bren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Brendan Power
WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic

-- D Priestley AKA Dr Midnight. England's first harmonica Guru.

Do feel free get in touch.
Harmonica lessons POA,(10 = 20% discount,&  20 = 25% discount).

I teach from: 51 Barkston Gdns, the basement flat&  On-Line,
Email me or call me to book lessons or get more info.

E-mail= dmharpman@xxxxxxxxx
Website= http://www.cognitionarts.com/
Phone=(44) 0207 373 0295