Re: [Harp-L] Valving vs. Overblowing/Overdrawing

I think anyone can, with hard work, control either technique.  It's
about the sound.  Which do you like, or more importantly which do you
NOT like.  Personally I would prefer a third option where the sound
would be more like blow draw and bent notes.  I think both overblows
and valves sound a little off.  However, I, humbly and in my own
opinion,personally, not sweeping generalizingly,  think valves sound
WAY off, as in nails on a chalkboard off, whereas a good overblow is
passable.  The older I get the more I am into avoiding both of them
altogether.  But if I need that note, I overblow.

On the other hand, I fully support Elizabeth's explorations and I am
very excited about what she will come up with.  I am a big Hesshead!
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com