From: jon Gindick <jongindick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Apr 21, 2011 2:36 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Spah and Jam Camp

Larry Isenberg  wrote-- Hey, it seems to me that Gindick had a good idea, as
his events (expensive as they are) are self sufficient and he always seems
to find new blood.

Hey Larry, Jam Camp is neither expensive or self-sufficient.

Maybe we have a great product. Any possibility of that?  Maybe I beleive in
actually paying harp teachers well instead of asking them to work for free.
Maybe limited enrollment (25 campers for 6 or 7 coaches plus band) makes for
a better experience than Spahs attenadnce of several hundred people?
Maybe Spah is more about good players showing off, and Jam Camp is about
good players sharing the love and fun with all campers?
(Although  Spah has improved on that.)

Maybe the fact we don't use hotel ballrooms near highways and airports,
rather put our event in the Heart of the Blues Country at the Shack Up Inn,
so that people come to a place that enhances
the subject matter. Maybe the fact that we take our campers to famous juke
joints and make sure they get to jam, or the fact that we bring in a blues
band 4 times
for the jamming of campers, as opposed to the showing off of our coaches?

Maybe the fact we are about music, not only the harmonica , and get people
singing, writing songs, being creative is part of our formula.

Lastly, if you think $995.00 is too expensive for 5 life changing days, with
coaches that are absolutely the best  teachers in the business, coaches that
are for once fairly well paid, then you need to get a life.  I understand
about being broke, but  complaining about  people charging fairly for what
they provide  is churlish. $995.00 for 5  amazing days days is nothing in
this world of ours.

No one is going to hand it to you, Iceman.  You may not be able to afford
it, but it is an incredible bargain.
It must be, or we wouldn't be looking foward to our 42nd camp this May.

Anyone interested in the best musical experience on this planet or the next
one  should check out this You Tube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zt86tU-0Ag

For more info go http://www.bluesharmonicajamcamp.com

Jon