Re: [Harp-L] Re: Spah and Jam Camp

"jon Gindick" wrote:
<Hey Larry, Jam Camp is neither expensive or self-sufficient.
<
<Maybe we have a great product. Any possibility of that?  Maybe I beleive in
<actually paying harp teachers well instead of asking them to work for free.
<Maybe limited enrollment (25 campers for 6 or 7 coaches plus band) makes for
<a better experience than Spahs attenadnce of several hundred people?
<Maybe Spah is more about good players showing off, and Jam Camp is about
<good players sharing the love and fun with all campers?
<(Although  Spah has improved on that.)
<
<Maybe...
etc.

I was a coach for Jon's Jam Camp in Natick Massachusetts a few years ago, and I agree with everything he wrote in this post.  He has a superior product, and he's always working on the quality of the experience for all concerned.  The product is reasonably priced considering the very high value provided to campers. The campers walk out at the end playing noticeably better than they did when they arrived, which is the point, not to mention that they have a hell of a good time while it's going on.

It's reasonable to ask whether the Jam Camp experience is applicable to SPAH, but it certainly works for everybody involved in it.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick