[Harp-L] List member BostonMoeJo: endless spam emails recieved from him - Anyone else?

No harmonica content but seems appropriate for the list as this is  where
it came from.  Wondering if others are experiencing the same sort of  issues
from this list member.  Please reply off list.

I've been receiving spam/scam emails from list member BostonMoeJo for maybe
 2 years now, I of course never open the links.  I've written  him several
times, politely, and asked what was going on.  He  didn't respond.  Even
though I mark them as spam they still show up  in my inbox, it's really
annoying.

I just got another and decided to hit the 'reply all' button,  once again
sending a reasonable plea for it to cease.  I also  sent him a separate,
firm, reasonable, and more detailed request for him to  explain.  I stated I'd
send my concerns to the list if it didn't  cease.  So you know, I've
acknowledged all along that his  email account might have been hijacked, I just
wanted a  reply/explanation.  Below, unedited, is the inappropriately profane
response this guy offered, my reply follows:

Apparently  my AOL account has been compromised. I have changed my
password a number of  times, run virus software but it hasn't seemed to
help. AOL is aware of the  problem. My apologies.

After this note just please delete any mail you  might receive from me,
you entitled, arrogant fuck.

My unedited reply...  No real need to read it, but wanted  to offer it to
those who may also be receiving abusive email  from this list member:

I merely wanted some feedback, and you had ignored my previous  inquiry's.
It was a reasonable next step.

It isn't me who has been spamming/scamming people for around  2(?) years
now.  I've asked you politely, several times, for it  to stop and never
received a reply.  I mark the messages as spam  but they still somehow manage to
show up in my in box, it's non-stop &  has become very annoying.  Interesting
you feel that me  wanting it to cease makes me an "entitled, arrogant fuck"
... somehow I  don't see it.

Considering your profane and obnoxious response I'm  now inclined to think
you may well be the responsible party.  Even if  indeed you are also a
victim, you had no good reason to  send the offensive reply, all I did was point
out the frequent spam/scam attempts coming from YOUR email  address.

Having your inappropriate reply as my only measure, it  seems possible that
you pissed someone off for no good reason & now  they are messing with you
online.  Bummer indeed... but the fruits of your  childish behavior
shouldn't become a problem for others.  Or, and this  seems more likely, you were
foolish enough to click a link in a similar  email that you received long ago,
thus setting off this chain of events.   Either way, it is in part on you.

This has gone on for far too long, so even if you are  innocent as claimed
it seems you need to find a way out, cursing at people  who object won't
move you toward that goal, and in fact will only compound  your problems.  So
if it truly is as you claim, and you've been  trying for a long time to fix
it and nothing seems to work, then maybe you  should try a different
approach. (like, duh)  It's as easy as creating a  new screen name/email address...
just add a "1" to the end (or something  similar), make your legit contacts
aware... and be done with  it.