[Harp-L] Painful Practice

Has any one tried to seal the tiny slits on any standard Top cover plate like
marine bandÂand Sp20's (other then Golden Melody of coarse)ÂI've been
practicingÂtongue blocking and tend to push more of the harp into my mouth. My
mustache hair gets ripped out where the metal folds down on the face and ends on
many standard harp.

It does it a bitÂless whenÂIÂuseÂpucker methodÂ(except for theÂLee Oskarâs which
are the absolute worst. I'm getting to the point were I just want to sell them.)
I thought maybe the thicker type of crazy glue applied to the inside crease?
There is no way I can be the only harp player with a mustache Âthat has this
problem.
I've grown pretty found of it over the past 25 years so shaving it off isnât
really an option for me.

Found a lot of neat tricks here so just looking for some ideas before I try
glue.ÂÂ
not really into the gummy rubber cover thingy'sÂ