I work in the dental field and see a lot of things every day. Bloody impressions, disgusting looking partials and dentures with dry food trapped in them. The thing is I don't have to put them in my mouth to test their efficiency.

A harp came in for repair 3 months ago that was so nasty I was gagging to the point of almost throwing up on it while cleaning it at the sink. That's when I decided if the owner is too GD lazy to clean their harps I'm not going to waste my time trying to make it playable.

That is a pretty stupid and callous comment you made IMHO.

On Apr 27, 2011, at 12:05 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:22:32 -0300
From: "jross38@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jross38@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Fussy
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I'm sure harmonicas get disgusting and it must be nasty to see and work on. But please.

Last week I cleaned a two dead birds out of two different organs. I was just glad they weren't bats (really nasty). Then there is the unknown fur-like substance you sometimes find on walkboards or inside reservoirs, and dead bugs inside reeds are just too common to count. If you don't want disgusting, get into a line of work that doesn't involve repairing things people put in their mouths and breath through.

Yes, my lack of sympathy is distinct on this one.

JR Ross

Michael Easton
www.harmonicarepair.com