RE: [Harp-L] chromatic/diatonic

Interesting, thanks !

Benoit Sauve is my preferred one ... saw him on stage, very impressive !!!
On a M. Brecker chorus :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmj-g4OQYG0&feature=related

On a Coltrane chorus :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz7LvCS1oXM

I'm not so far from the initial subject and the harmonica.
Effectively, Benoit Sauve had to learn the jazz recorder by himself for 2
reasons.
One is money.
Second is : the musicians playing classical music on recorder told him it
was not possible to play Jazz on it, the instrument was not designed to do
so.
The funny point is that he takes his recorder in the "wrong" way, because
nobody was there to explain him the left hand is supposed to be upper the
right hand.
And he finally developed his own technic, with specific finger positioning,
and new ways of getting the notes, which apparently seems to be working
quite well.

Regards,

Jerome
www.youtube.com/JersiMuse