[Harp-L] Harpin with Randy (Newman) that is,-)

Hi Harp-L'ers,

about 6 yrs ago....I had the privilege & honor of working with one of my favorite songwriters in DC. Maestro Randy Newman and I had a ball!

I finally got a VHS copy and thought I'd post it.....

I told this story at a gig the other night...about a 1/2 hr before the taping Randy came over to the band and said "I was gonna just do this solo but I'd love to feature the Harmonica, Fiddle & Clarinet on stage with me" then he said "this is a BIG gig guys, I'll expect at least 80%!!!" we all cracked up....i just transferred it from tape so excuse the quality....

I decided that the orchestrated harmony lines would blend better on Chromatic, so you see me switching to Diatonic for 'some fills' which I wanted a little light but bluesier........hope you like it.....in a situation like this with so mich goin on you have really be mindfull not to overplay and 'blend' with steppin on the star!,-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EmF3Xxlxg8

all the best,
Rob Paparozzi