RE: [Harp-L] Off the Wall

or Hot Shot Love ... but Joe Hill Louis is not unlikely too ... or it is a rather sloppy Walter Horton .... ;)

Bert

From: Tom Ball <havaball@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Off the Wall

Ryan -
Thanks for the clarification. Based upon the short clip, it's
difficult for me to opine as to exactly who the player might be -- but it doesn't sound like Horton.

cheers,
TB

Ryan wrote:
Let me put my harmonica historian nerd hat for a second:
Various Sun compilations have listed the tune (Talkin) Off The Wall
as Big Walter, but most inforned discographers believe it is either
Sammy Lewis or Joe Hill Louis (my choice).
The head is definitely Little Walter's Off The Wall but not much after that.
You can hear a clip here: