Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:06 AM
To: Robert Hale
Cc: harp-L list
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] optimized blues tuning

I took a look at the chart I made of this tuning--
It looks a lot like Jazmaan's Temptation tuning that got some attention here
a couple of years ago--see attached chart.
Only one reed is different--and it's 4 draw, the one note that's somewhat
odd, in that it breaks the lowest to highest pattern--the draw note is
higher than the next hole blow note.
I have to think it makes it harder to play the bent notes for fully
chromatic play, but because the hole has an interval of a minor third, it
should be good for big bluesy bends . . .