Re: [Harp-L] Going Solo?

I think that there'd be an audience for a long gig of good music that just happens to be played on solo harmonica, as long as the music is varied enough to keep folks interested once the novelty wears off you'd be fine.  But achieving that on your own would be quite a challenge.

Have you thought about working with a percussionist rather than a guitarist,  someone who can switch from song to song between hand drums, shakers, washboard etc?  That would give you a rhythm to play against, change the sounds of the songs dramatically so you're not under so much pressure to change the timbre of your harmonica (which sometime feels to me like trying to hide an elephant under a sheet), and it would give you someone to interact with which can help draw the audience in.

Patrick