Re: [Harp-L] Youtube help no harp content

On 08/22/2011 10:51 PM, michael rubin wrote:
IS there a way that Youtube can boost your volume, or windows movie
maker?  Apparently my last video was too quiet.  I checked the volume
before I made it and thought it was ok.  Is there any way to boost it
after the uploading?
i can't comment on what windows software can do, but when i make music
videos using my q3hd, i first extract the audio from the video, then use
audacity to boost the volume (i tend to record live at low mic gain settings,
to avoid clipping), then recombine the audio and video. i use linux, so i
don't know what the equivalent windows tools are, but this method works
pretty well. and by using the audio extracted from the original video, i
don't have to mess around with getting the audio and video to line up
properly.

--
We make a living from what we get,
but we make a life from what we give.