[Harp-L] Re: Astatic Roadhouse Mic screw on connector out of spec

Hey Jim--I just got a new Roadhouse mic this week  and you're right about the
screw on connectors. It seems that the mic's screw on depth is longer than the
depth of the connector. The supplied cord's connector has enough play to
facilitate screwing on. Actually, I haven't used the supplied cord because I
have a high quality cord that I got from Dave Barrett a few years ago. It was
lying around so I just plugged it in to check out the mic. Great cord by the
way, and I'm impressed with the mic's tone and for $49/no shipping from
Musicians Friends, well, I just couldn't pass it up. So, I'd say screw it and
check out Barrett's cords if the supplied one goes south or you don't like it.

See ya--
Ricky B
www.bushdogblues.blogspot.com
RIVER BOTTOM BLUES--a novel for blues fans due out Spring 2012