Re: [Harp-L] Couch surfing - Harp-L style

It is happening in an unofficial sence already.

Years ago I stayed with Jerome Blaine while in Amsterdam and we've remained friends - all through Harp-L communication.

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew MacFadyen <drew@xxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Dec 5, 2011 5:41 am
Subject: [Harp-L] Couch surfing - Harp-L style

I also have nice accommodations for any Harp-L'ers visiting Philadelphia.
I bet we could come up with a sort of "couch surfing" (although I have two
spare bedrooms so it is not a couch) list of those willing to host and
those looking to stay somewhere other than an expensive hotel while
traveling/touring/playing.

Harp players are a small, but growing, tight knit community so I am sure
there are others, like me, willing to trade a place to stay in exchange
for a jam, hot lick or tip.  If the group thinks a list of Harp-L'ers
willing to host colleagues is a good idea, I can start a google group with
locations and contact information.  Simply send to me directly at
drew@xxxxxxxx

Drew

Regards,

Drew MacFadyen

As many of  you know, one of Michael Polesky's most endearing qualities
was his  hospitality. Whenever any harmonica player was in town and needed
someplace  to stay, or just wanted to drop by and jam, Michael's door was
always open.  Damien, Slideman, Winslow, Bobbi, and many others know what
I'm talking  about. In that regard, I would like to endeavor to do my
small part to help  fill the gap that his passing has left. So you
harp-l'ers please drop me a  line whenever you happen to be passing
through  L.A.
Thanks."