Re: [Harp-L] Re: Termite fumigation and harmonicas

Just went through this last year. The fumigators recommended removing all foostuffs, spices, medicines, toothpaste, shampoo, and anything that comes into contact with the skin or mouth (chapstick, lotions, soaps -- basically your whole medicine cabinet, kitchen cabinets, fridge and freezer.) YES this includes all harps, mics, horns, flutes -- anything that could later touch the mouth. Even guitars, if you want to be 100%+ safe.

The alternative, they said, would be to double-bag everything in two sealed plastic bags -- but personally I don't trust all plastic bags to be 100% airtight, so I moved it all out. Happy I did.

cheers,
Tom Ball  <---- now bug-free (except when Gus shows up at the gig.)