FW: [Harp-L] cleaning old (pre-war) marineband - FLOSSING?!

Okay, Larry, I "confess": sometimes I do brush ACROSS the reeds, but VERY GENTLY also.

As for flossing, yep, I do that too, but not for rust removal. I reserve that for removing
brass filings after embossing and tuning. I started with waxed floss, but I prefer unwaxed.
That way, there is nothing left around the reed. Just be careful to NOT continue using the
floss if it starts shredding. (That could indicate a rough spot that needs to be smoothed.
It cleans around the reeds in ways I would never have imagined, prior to getting a microscope.

Great minds and all that!
Crazy Bob