Re: [Harp-L] Hohner #265 Bass

Jerry,

Back in the day, those white plastic mouthpieces were secured only at the
ends with nails.  With just a little bit of expansion (plastic expands at a
different rate than wood and brass), the mouthpieces would become very
leaky. I've seen basses where nails were added to these mouthpieces, and
others that were glued on with GE silicone adhesive sealer.  Frankly, I
hope that you preserve the original mouthpieces without drilling and adding
nails or screws.  I think a good cleaning, then a light layer of sealer
should do the trick for you.

George