[Harp-L] nose plug

Hello Harp-L

I play chromatic harmonica and I am looking for help improving my tone.

I notice that my tone changes for the better when I pinch my nose closed
and play. The
improvement seems to be greatest for the lower notes. So I recently bought
a swimmers
nose plug (pinches nostrils closed) and have been using it while
practicing. My intention
is to develop better tone by learning to control where the inhaled and
exhaled air is going
at all times while playing the harmonica. I have only been doing this nose
plug exercise a
few days and I find it very challenging. I have learned that apparently I
have been sneaking
in a lot of air through my nose while playing. This exercise forces me to
breath through my
mouth (and harmonica) only with desirable consequences for my tone.

So, my question is: What have you done that has significantly, if only
incrementally,
improved your tone? What do you think of this nose plug approach? Have you
tried it?

Thank you