[Harp-L] A couple of Filisko plugs

   Was looking at the workshop schedule for the University of Chicago Folk
Fest and noticed that Joe Filisko is listed for a free beginners blues harp
workshop.  Saturday, February 12th is the tentative date; 3:00pm at
Ida Noyes Hall on campus.  Joe's student, Zoe Savage (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5bMR9onMSE) will be helping out.  Knowing
Joe, this will actually be a teaching workshop.  Alot of the seminars at the
fest wind up just being mini-concerts.  That was the case last year with Kim
Wilson's workshop, though it was quite enjoyable.  And there are actually
some clips up from that workshop and concert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUDm4gpS5E0&feature=related  is from the
"workshop".  Noted harpists Dave Waldman and Scott Dirks can be seen in this
clip, Dave wielding a guitar in Kim's band and Scott serving as mc.  And Kim
was in fine form for the concert that evening, as both of these videos show:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96SQ7xULlho and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK4VQdqcbVs&feature=related.
   Back to Joe for a second; I was reading a review of John Hammond Jr.'s
show in today's Chicago Tribune and I ran across this quote: "A harmonica
rack hanging around his neck, Hammond wailed and trilled on instruments made
by local craftsman Joe Filisko, whom he repeatedly thanked".  Is there
any blues harpist recording these days that Joe hasn't made harps for?

Mick Zaklan