[Harp-L] Amp Comparisons - Are there any?

>  Hi Don,

I would be more concerned with why the band leader does not want any harp in the PA. Before I would even consider dropping significant coin on any of the amps you have listed below, I would need to hear some "realistic" reasons to determine if he even wants a harp player in the band.  A good PA system can handle ALL instrumentation AND vocals. It's what it is designed to do. There are many players who do not use an amp at all. They use the PA through external devices exclusively for multiple reasons with the biggest probably being able to sonically keep up with loud bands.

Aside from that, there are great harp amp comparisons on youtube. Search for "Harpsucker".  I dont know if any of the killer amps you have listed below are included but I'm pretty sure most of them are made with a line out...so you can run them to the PA!

Other solutions are running your Smicz to a 100 watt or more SS keyboard amp, powered PA speaker or investing in a small PA yourself. If you like the sound of your current rig and all you need to do is to increase the volume, either of these will work nicely.

Best o' luck!