Re: [Harp-L] great deal on vox vt30

On 02/04/2011 09:30 AM, 46long Blake wrote:
My guitar-playing son got the VT15 (same amp, but smaller) for christmas - very cool amp with remarkable replication of classic Vox, Fender, and Marshall tones. They've updated the VT series, so they're practically giving away the VT15 and VT 30. The VT 30's "street" price has halved in less than two months.The VT series has a 12ax7 preamp tube, which adds an expressiveness that most lower-cost modeling amps don't attain.
oddly enough, it doesn't use the 12ax7 for preamp, but in the power amp
stage.  still sounds great and is very responsive.

http://www.voxamps.com/us/valvetronixplus/valvereactor/

Not sure why I haven't plugged into it myself, yet.

well, get to it! when you do, a warning: make sure you're in manual mode, vs. using the presets. the latter are mostly good for screeching howling feedback at almost any volume level, near as i can tell.

try the AC30-HH model with gain around 4 (of 10) and delay around 4.
nice.

--
We make a living from what we get,
but we make a life from what we give.