Re: [Harp-L] Reading Music

Smojoe

Nome sayne! My intention is to play bluegrass presently and later jazz.
It's hard to imagine a bluegrass environment in which I would be handed
anything written in conventional music notation. In the jazz environment
one may from time to time be given a specific harmony to play that you
may be unfamiliar with. That's when reading is useful. I don't expect
that I will be in that situation often and hence will not benefit much
from further development of my paltry music reading skills. But in the
musical environment in which I want to play I will always always always
benefit from further development of my ear and ear-to-harp connection.
Hence my emphasis.

As I have said previously, it's not that reading isn't useful. It is.
But is it useful to you? You decide.

Cheers,
Daniel