[Harp-L] Water Tore's Spontobeat dream band

Last night I tried to do amplified harp with the one man band. I taped 2 harp racks together and duct taped a shure 57 to one and butted it up against the harp in the second rack.  I duct taped the 2 racks together (I use the cheapo $8 jimmy reed kind) and wrapped the harp in rag trying to get a cupping effect. The bassiness on the 57 picked up the vocals way too much and the vocal condensor mic picked up the acoustic harp too much.  the gist is didn't like the sound.  Not being able to hold the mic when amped loses the cupping effect so I decided to build my own band so I could free my hands up.

This set up reminds of the band sound that I had going during the late 70's-early 80's before I totally let go of playing amped harp and went to standing off the vocal mic.  It brought back memorie of those club gigs when people got down and with you.  The mix reflects the sound I remember hearing onstage as we played.

I first recorded the guitar and drums on my feet, then the keys, and last the harp.  I used a shure 57, stock delta frost in C, and a stock princeton reverb reissue (with eurotubes)
If I could get a real band like this going, I would give the one man band a rest for awhile.  Overdubbing is time consuming and I really don't like that it is totally spontaneous.  I did one take on each instrument. At least that made it kind spontobeat and like it would be when I sit in with a real band.    Walter

can I love you just for tonight

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10242616

going back to my younger days with the harp

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10242617

here is the song I did as a pure 1 man band

cry little baby cry
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10241950