Re: [Harp-L] Questing For a Basic Competency in Jazz

Thank you, Jerome.

What is a "music grid"? This term is new to me.

Elizabeth

On Feb 5, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Jerome P. wrote:

I forgot something : a decent jazz player, and even a beginner, should know
how to read a music grid, at least ... when you know theory, you can
analysis most of Jazz standards in few seconds ... which can be of
tremendous help if you jam on a tune you don't know and someone had the good
idea to bring the music sheet.